Take advantage of an opportunity to slow down, immerse in your surroundings and observe nature during this four-hour Yosemite art class. With spring flowers and flowing falls adding color and texture to the already grand landscape, you’ll learn the basics of watercolor painting outside, en plein air. Artist Jim Kingwell will tailor his instruction to each student’s level, offering step-by-step guidance to beginners and providing helpful tips for more advanced painters. Whether you choose to focus on a sweeping scene or a specific springtime specimen, you’ll hone painting techniques that will come in handy for future projects. No matter your experience level, you’re sure to learn new skills, enjoy creative camaraderie, and take home a personal art piece that reflects your time in the park!
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $20, or purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.