Program Overview: Come explore fascinating fungi in the forests of Yosemite on our mushroom program! Fungi, including mushrooms, are an often overlooked and underapprecieted component of our park’s ecosystems. In this lesser explored Yosemite environment, we will learn more about the role of fabulous fungi in nature, how Indigenous cultures utilized them, and search for (and perhaps even collect) seasonally available varieties.
Know Before You Go
- Program date: Saturday, July 27
- Program location: White Wolf
- What’s included: One full day of guided instruction by a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on July 26 after 12pm and depart July 28 by 11am. There are three shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: White Wolf
- Lodging: Upgrade to White Wolf Lodge (if it opens) for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Details on using our Group Code will be emailed to you immediately after you register.
- Experience level: All levels welcome, but participants must be physically fit to walk at elevation with a daypack.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.