Program Overview: On this adventure, you’ll join an experienced naturalist guide and fellow Yosemite fans to explore high-elevation habitats and experience the beauty of summer in the mountains. Head out for a day hike in and around the Tuolumne Meadows area, covering 6 or 7 miles.
As you hike, you’ll learn about the life that thrives at Yosemite’s high elevations, including on “sky islands,” isolated plateaus that harbor rare plants found nowhere else on Earth. As you revel in majestic views of mountains, meadows and lakes — and pick up tips for future visits to this quiet part of the park — you’ll have endless opportunities to reconnect with the natural world and see what makes a high country Yosemite summer so special.
Know Before You Go
- Program date: Saturday, August 10 starting at 8:30am to around 4pm.
- Program location: Tuolumne Meadows
- What’s included: One full day of guided instruction with a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), a free day to enjoy the park (August 11), and three nights of tent camping at a shared group site. There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on August 9 after 12pm and must depart on August 12. There are three shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and firepit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: White Wolf
- Lodging: Upgrade to White Wolf Lodge (if it opens) for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Details on using our Group Code will be emailed to you immediately after you register.
- Experience level: No experience necessary, but participants should be physically fit and prepared to hike 6–7 miles per day at high elevation.
*This one-day program includes three nights to camp. Make the most of a full day to enjoy the park when the program ends on August 11th before checking out on August 12th.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.