Program Overview: Join us for an unforgettable Yosemite adventure along a classic wilderness route. This three-day, two-night guided backpacking trip features a moderate trek through the Sierra Nevada backcountry. Spend a weekend in Yosemite’s high country tackling a challenging, rewarding backpacking trip with a group of fellow adventurous women and an experienced naturalist guide.
The trip kicks off with a Thursday evening get-together, where you’ll meet your guide and fellow adventurers, and review the route, Leave No Trace ethics, and safety tips.
On Friday morning, you’ll hike about south from Tioga Road for about three miles and set up camp near the Sunrise Lakes High Sierra Camp. This will be home for the next two nights. On Saturday, the group will head to the top of Clouds Rest. For the day hike, you’ll leave your backpack safely at camp and carry only a daypack, so you can focus on the experience without extra weight on your shoulders. You’ll arrive at the summit with plenty of time to savor the magnificent 360-degree view and marvel at the Valley from far above. After another night at camp, enjoy a leisurely Sunday morning before hiking back out to Tioga Road.
This route offers ample opportunities to learn about Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada (and to capture incredible photos). Throughout the weekend, your leader will share tips for the trail, point out notable natural features, and offer insights about the park’s history, wildlife and geology. Bring your curiosity!
Know Before You Go
- When: Thursday, August 11 (orientation at 7:30 pm) to Sunday, August 14. Depart for backpacking trip on Saturday, August 12 at 9 am, return Sunday, August 14 at around 2 pm.
- Where: Upper Pines Campground (orientation), out-and-back hike from Tioga Road to Clouds Rest.
- Registration includes: Guided backpacking trip, park entry (as needed), bear-proof canister rental, Yosemite Wilderness permit, and two nights of tent camping at a shared campsite at Upper Pines Campground before and after the trip (August 11 and 14). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Lodging options: Tent camping (included). Or upgrade to Curry Village (Aug 11 and Aug 14) or Tuolumne Meadows Lodge (Aug 14) for an additional fee. Camping and lodge dates cannot be adjusted.
- Experience level: No prior backpacking experience necessary, but participants must be physically fit.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.