Yosemite National Park is a form of art in itself; all the natural beauty of this special place offers endless possibilities to draw and paint. In this art class you will have the chance to start your very own travel journal that you can continue to add to on adventures to come! Explore the beautiful mountains, plants and wildlife of Yosemite Valley through nature journaling. Experiment with simple tools like pens, pencils, and watercolor to create beautiful renditions of what you observe outside — and memorialize them inside the pages of your journal.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to rent a supply kit for $20, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: easel, stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.