Enjoy the end of the summer season in Yosemite with gifted pastel artist Tsungwei Moo, who will share her personal artistic perspective and encourage you to find your own unique style.
Use soft chalk pastels to capture the beauty of the summer landscape, creating Yosemite-inspired artwork to satisfy your spirit. Let your imagination respond to the shifting light and shadows as you learn the delights of pastel and the specific skills to help you complete a beautiful picture. At the end of a rewarding day, celebrate your artistic accomplishments, and bring your piece home as a special souvenir of your time in the park.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to purchase or bring your own art supplies. All purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool and hardboard.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.