Painting and Printmaking with Sue Fierston
In this hands-on art class, you’ll combine two fun artistic techniques to celebrate early-summer scenery in Yosemite Valley. Artist Sue Fierston will kick off the class by teaching you to draw and paint Yosemite’s leaves in watercolor. After creating several leaf paintings on watercolor paper, you’ll practice printing Sierra leaves on soft paper using basic printmaking techniques. Create several designs using the colorful ink, and take home multiple frame-worthy leaf prints and paintings from your day of art in the park.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $35 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are included in the registration fee.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.