Program Overview: This family-oriented program is welcome to participants of all ages and will have you and your loved ones exploring, learning and connecting together in a beautiful natural space!
Kick off the weekend with an in-depth stargazing program on Friday night. Your naturalist will use a laser pointer to single out specific stars, planets, and constellations. The program focuses on astronomy, and your guide will tell stories and share folklore and mythology.
The next day, your family friendly Naturalist Guide will focus on connecting your young adventurer to the natural world and discussing the importance of conservation. After dinner on your own, return to your campsite for storytelling around the campfire. This weekend will not only provide quality time together but will also leave you with a sense of awe, wonder and connection with Yosemite National Park.
Know Before You Go:
- Program dates: Evening astronomy program Friday, July 7 from 9-10:30 pm. Saturday, July 8 includes a guided family naturalist walk from 10 am – 2 pm and campfire stories from 7-9 pm.
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: Two days of guided instruction by a Yosemite Naturalist, a full day to explore the park on your own, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on July 7 after 12 pm and must depart July 10 by 11 am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: No upgrades available for this program
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.