Program Overview: Most people visit the park during the summer months. On this day trip, you’ll experience many locals’ favorite time of year in Yosemite — winter!
Come learn about the secret season in Yosemite Valley. Depending on snow conditions, you’ll either hike or snowshoe along the Valley Loop Trail at a relaxed pace, observing how the cold has transformed your favorite granite features. You’ll learn about the diverse animals who reside in the Valley year-round and how they survive the harsh climate.
Know Before You Go:
- Program date: Saturday, January 28, 9am-3pm
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: A full day of guided instruction with a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on January 27 after 12pm and must depart January 29 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot — please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: Upgrade to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Details for using our Group Code to book lodging will be emailed to you immediately after you register.
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.