Program Overview: In this springtime waterfall-focused day, we will cover a lot of ground throughout Yosemite Valley. We’ll start the day on the Mist Trail to see Vernal Falls, and continue on to see fantastic views of Illilouette, Bridalveil, Staircase, and Ribbon Falls, which is among the highest single-drop waterfalls in North America. We will explore lesser-known trails and discuss watersheds, climate, and the geologic history of Yosemite that has produced this astounding Valley with abundant waterfalls. Expect a full active day with several hikes and car shuttles.
For a preview of Yosemite’s waterfalls, watch the “Yosemite Falls” episode of Yosemite Nature Notes, read about donor-funded restoration work at Bridalveil Fall, and check out our Yosemite Falls webcam.
Know Before You Go:
- Program date: Thursday, May 9 8:30am-4pm
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: One full day of guided instruction by a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on May 8 after 12pm and must depart May 10 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: Upgrade to Curry Village for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Details on using our Group Code to book lodging will be emailed to you immediately after you register.
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.