Program Overview: This partnership with Gays of National Parks and Yosemite Conservancy seeks to strengthen your bond with the magic of Yosemite and build LGBTQIA+ community, all while caring-for and connecting-to the land. We are dedicated to ensuring this weekend is accessible, with proceeds funding scholarships for two LGBTQIA+ community members to join in at no cost, along with some meals and travel covered. This is more than a weekend getaway, it’s a chance to make a difference and forge lasting connections.
Gays of National Parks is known for their commitment to inclusivity and diversity. They aim to showcase the enriching stories and experiences of LGBTQIA+ individuals who seek refuge and adventure in our national parks.
During this fun-filled weekend, you’ll contribute to a pivotal stewardship initiative for the National Park Service on the first day, followed by an enriching hike led by a naturalist on the subsequent day.
Your participation is a powerful contribution, enabling us to welcome and empower those within the LGBTQIA+ community through this special program. *This two-day program includes four nights of camping.
Know Before You Go
- Program dates: Friday, June 14 to Saturday, June 15, 9 am – 4 pm
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: Two full days of instruction; one day working on a facilitated stewardship project with the National Park Service, one full day hike with a Yosemite Naturalist, then one free day to enjoy the park on your own, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on June 13 after 12 pm and must depart June 17 by 11 am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground location: Upper Pines
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
*This two-day program includes four nights to camp. Make the most of a full day to enjoy the park when the program ends on June 16 before checking out on June 17.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.
In collaboration with: