Program Overview: Believe it or not, spring in Yosemite Valley is more than just spectacular sights. During this relaxing weekend adventure, you’ll also tune in to the sounds of the season.
Spend Saturday and Sunday morning looking and listening for the many birds that make their year-round or seasonal homes in the park, from swifts and woodpeckers to orioles and blackbirds. Your naturalist guide will lead your group on casual hikes in the Valley, pointing out the telltale songs and signs of different bird species and the important roles they play in the Yosemite ecosystem. While you’re peeking at beautiful birds with your binoculars and listening for their spring songs, you might just enjoy a waterfall or two, too.
Get a sneak peek at some of Yosemite’s colorful songbirds in the “Birdsongs” episode of Yosemite Nature Notes.
Know Before You Go:
- Saturday, April 27 and Sunday, April 28 from 8am-2pm each day
- Program location: Yosemite Valley
- What’s included: Two days of guided instruction by a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on April 26 after 12pm and must depart April 29 by 11am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground Location: Upper Pines in Yosemite Valley
- Lodging: Upgrade to Curry Village for an additional fee. Lodging dates match camping dates. Lodging blocks expire 30 days prior to the program. Details on using our Group Code to book lodging will be emailed to you immediately after you register.
- Experience level: All levels welcome.
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.