Time is a great mystery and often, before we know it, we are leaving the beauty of Yosemite to return home to our busy, daily routines. The memories of special moments — watching the colors on the valley walls change from morning to afternoon, listening to magical melodies of songbirds, feeling the crisp, cool air of autumn, or watching graceful yellow leaves dancing with the wind — start to fade with time. Join artist Rebecca Alcaron and deepen your connection to Yosemite by exploring special places and slowing down to take in special moments and details, capturing them all through watercolor painting.
Enjoy the emphasis on process, experience, experimentation and learning through artful adventures. You’ll receive a brief introduction to composition, color mixing and values to help build confidence in these foundational skills. This class is great for beginners and experienced painters alike!
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $20, or purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.