In this acrylic painting class with artist Jeff Hemming, students will study different features of the Yosemite landscape, consider colors and textures and discuss composition. Students will learn the basics of painting on location in Yosemite with acrylic paints. Jeff will share his love of Yosemite and his tips and tricks for creating a successful composition. Students will walk away with an original acrylic painting — and a closer connection to Yosemite.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $35 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop 16). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are included in the registration fee.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.