This class offers students the opportunity to pay attention to and be inspired by the world around them in a new way. Focusing on color, patterns, light and shadow, this class will help students learn acrylic painting techniques and create a unique work of art.
Your instructor will teach you to layer paints, look for sharp contrasts, and use interesting colors and brushstrokes to achieve depth and richness in your depiction of a Yosemite landscape. Come away from the class with a clearer understanding of composition, tricks to convey the grandeur and intricacies of the natural world, and an appreciation for the unique perspective of each individual artist.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to purchase supplies upon arrival or bring your own art supplies. All purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: easel, stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.