Dreaming of starry nights and mountain sunrises in the Sierra? Join one of our guides for a one-of-a-kind backpacking adventure. As you immerse in the beauty of the backcountry, you’ll have the chance to learn about local plants and animals, natural and human history, wilderness navigation, Leave No Trace skills, and more.
We’ll tailor your trip to your schedule and experience level, whether you’re a first-time camper looking for low-key days or an avid adventurer searching for strenuous terrain. Plus, we’ll take care of your wilderness permit, so you can leave the logistics to us and focus on getting excited for your trip.
How it works:
- Dream up your Yosemite adventure (see ideas below!) and fill out our inquiry form.
- Work with our team to create a customized plan that fits your interests and schedule.
- Head to Yosemite to meet your guide and enjoy your one-of-a-kind experience.
In addition to enjoying a personalized adventure, you’ll be supporting Yosemite! As with all Conservancy programs, participation in our Custom Adventures helps fund important work in the park.
COVID-19 safety procedures
We’ve adjusted our safety protocols in response to the ongoing pandemic. As always, we’re committed to ensuring the health and safety of our adventure participants and instructors. For all adventure programs, we’re implementing strict safety measures that align with the latest federal, state and local guidelines. Safety procedures include asking participants to maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance from others, wash or sanitize hands frequently, and avoid touching shared surfaces and objects. If you’re considering joining one of our adventure programs, please review our COVID-19 procedures.
The Yosemite Wilderness covers nearly 705,000 acres, and has hundreds of miles of trails — and that adds up to endless opportunities for overnight trips. Not sure where to start? These are some of our favorite routes:
- May Lake to Mt. Hoffmann: 6 miles round trip (1–2 nights). Great for beginners!
- Pohono Trail: 13 miles one way, along the south rim of Yosemite Valley (1–2 nights)
- Glen Aulin to Waterwheel Falls: 20 miles round trip (2–3 nights)
- Mono Meadow to the Clark Range: 46 miles one way (3–4 nights, through hike)
If you have a route in mind or want to brainstorm itinerary ideas with our team, contact us!