Create a gift that provides payments to you or to a loved one for life. These gifts benefit Yosemite Conservancy’s mission while also providing you with a lifelong stream of payments and significant tax benefits.
A Charitable Gift Annuity might be right for you if…
- You want to make a significant gift and receive lifetime payments in return.
- You want the peace of mind provided by payments that won’t fluctuate.
- You want to receive payments for life with reduced income taxes.
- You appreciate the confidence of a structured payment backed by the National Charitable Gift Annuity Foundation.
- You want supplemental income that you are guaranteed not to outlive.
- You like the idea of the remainder of your annuity fund creating a legacy for Yosemite Conservancy.
Together with the National Charitable Gift Annuity Foundation, Yosemite Conservancy can personalize a simple contract. In exchange for a minimum gift of $20,000, the Foundation agrees to pay you and/or a loved one a fixed annual amount for your lifetime. Rates currently range between 3.8% and 8.6%, depending on your date of birth. Donors age 65 and over are eligible.
Consider a deferred Charitable Gift Annuity if…
- You are in a high-earning phase of your career and want to set up a gift that provides you income tax savings now and continued, steady payments after you retire.
- You can decide whether gift annuity payments start immediately after you have made your contribution (immediate payment gift annuities) or at a later date of your choosing (deferred payment gift annuities). If you defer payments, you may be eligible for a higher annuity rate and your charitable tax deduction may be larger.
Charitable Gift Annuities are a wonderful way to solve problems presented by highly appreciated stock, and they can provide a level of certainty knowing that payments are guaranteed for life. In many cases, rates are higher than those of savings accounts!
Tax Advantages of Charitable Gift Annuities:
- In the year you make your gift, you can claim a federal income tax deduction based on the gift’s value minus the expected life-income interest you will receive.
- If you fund your CGA with appreciated stocks, you will avoid capital gains taxes that might be due at the time of transfer. In some situations, a portion of your capital gains might be reportable, but the tax will be spread over annuity payments in future years.
- Part of each annuity payment is tax-free, returning a portion of your principal to you.
Other details to consider:
- Donors age 65 and older are eligible to create a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- Deferred Charitable Gift Annuities begin payments to you at a future date, and may qualify you for higher annuity rates.
- Many donors choose to create multiple Charitable Gift Annuities, with payments scheduled to begin when they expect to retire and at other dates to supplement retirement income.
- Payments are often higher than the rate of return on CDs or low-earning stocks or securities.
- Donors who create Charitable Gift Annuities become members of the Yosemite Conservancy Legacy Society; they are invited to special events and receive recognition in publications and at the Honor Wall in Yosemite Village.
Contact us today to learn more. Based on your date of birth, we can create a personalized calculation of your charitable gift annuity.