During this fun outdoor painting class in Yosemite Valley, instructor Jo-Neal Graves will introduce you to the fundamentals of watercolor, from setting up materials and mixing paints, to selecting a subject and creating a pleasing composition. Spend a relaxing day immersed in the magnificent scenery, using the techniques you learn to capture the landscape, as the Valley transitions from winter to spring. With tips and encouragement from Graves, you’ll end the class feeling inspired and well-equipped to keep painting — and noticing the natural beauty in the world around you — long after you leave the park.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop #16).
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $15, purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.