Looking to learn watercolor basics? Curious about how to capture the curves and playful light of flowing water, or how to mix a series of greens that do justice to Yosemite’s autumn leaves and meadows? This class is for you!
In this four-hour class, artist Jennifer Bentson takes an individualized approach to teaching watercolor. Whether you’re looking for general tips or have specific questions, she’ll tailor her instruction to your level and needs, and she will guide you through a day of learning and practicing techniques that will help you achieve results on paper. As you paint specific scenes and subjects, you’ll also have plenty of time to observe and find inspiration in a magnificent setting: Yosemite Valley.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (Shuttle Stop #16).
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $20, purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.