Take this opportunity to slow down, immerse in your surroundings and observe the beauty of Yosemite during this four-hour art class. As summer winds down, adding golden color and texture to the already grand landscape, you’ll learn the basics of watercolor painting outside. Artist Faith Rumm will tailor her instruction to each student’s level, offering step-by-step guidance to beginners and sharing helpful tips for more advanced painters. Whether you choose to focus on a sweeping scene or a specific summertime detail, you’ll hone painting techniques that will come in handy for future projects. No matter your experience level, you’re sure to learn new skills, enjoy creative camaraderie, and take home a personal art piece that reflects your day in the park.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. You will have the option to rent a watercolor kit for $15, purchase or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.