In our fast-paced lives, we often forget to stop and really look at the beauty that surrounds us. Take some time with artist Casey Cheuvront to tune in to your creative instincts, engage your “painter’s eye,” and deepen your connection to the natural beauty of Yosemite. Students will enjoy the playful, experimental process of painting and may be surprised by how easy and relaxing watercolor can be. Beginners will learn basic watercolor techniques; more advanced artists will focus on the nuances of scene, composition, line and color as it pertains to Yosemite’s stunning, unique landscape.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration fee: $20 per day per visitor. Advanced registration is required at least 12 hours in advance; no drop-ins due to Covid-19.
- Location: Yosemite Valley Visitor Center (shuttle stops #5 and #9). All workshops will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle.
- Materials: Supplies for this class are not included in the registration fee. When you register, let us know whether you would like to rent a watercolor kit for $20, purchase supplies upon arrival, or bring your own art supplies. All rentals and purchases benefit the park! These essentials are available free of charge: easel, stool, hardboard, water cup and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.