*Yosemite Conservancy has made the difficult decision to cancel this art program due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). For more information about our response to COVID-19, please click here.*
This fun class for beginning and continuing students offers participants a chance to see Yosemite through an artist’s eyes. You’ll start with the basics of how to use your brushes and paints to create different shapes and colors. After practicing the fundamentals, you’ll put your new skills to work en plein air, and bring a spring scene to life. Using the magnificent Yosemite Valley landscape as inspiration, you’ll learn to slow down, observe your surroundings, then translate what you see into a watercolor painting. You’ll end the class with a fresh perspective on Yosemite, your own work of art and the skills to keep exploring the world of watercolor.
Beginner level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+.
- Registration: $20 per day per visitor; advanced registration recommended; drop-ins welcome as space is available.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center; shuttle stop #16; park at Curry Village and take the shuttle; workshops are held outside, weather and medium permitting.
- Time: 10 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive at 9:45 am to purchase supplies. Please plan for extra time when taking the shuttles.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. Supply lists are sent to registered participants once payment is received. Additional supplies are available for purchase at Happy Isles Art and Nature Center. All purchases benefit the park! Materials available for use free of charge: field easel, field stool, hardboard, water containers and paper towels.
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.