September brings bright light and colors to Yosemite Valley. As summer fades, we welcome golden grasses, long shadows, a slower-moving Merced River and shorter days. Join professional artist Steve Curl to welcome autumn and spend a long weekend capturing the park’s seasonal scenery in watercolor.
Over the course of three days, you’ll sharpen your artistic skills as you practice creating a balanced composition, capturing shifting lights and shadows, and using layers of color to build a scene. You’ll end the weekend with a fresh perspective on Yosemite, fresh artwork to take home, and a new suite of tips and techniques to draw on as you continue exploring the world of watercolor.
Know Before You Go:
- Experience level: Intermediate to advanced. This workshop is for watercolor painters with previous experience. This workshop is not suitable for beginner artists.
- When: Wednesday, September 8 through Saturday, September 11.
- Where: Yosemite Valley.
- Registration includes: Three days of progressive learning and painting en plein air with artist Steve Curl, park entry (as needed), and three nights of tent camping (September 8, 9, 10) at Upper Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley, or upgrade to a hotel room at Yosemite Lodge for an additional fee.
- Please note: There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite. Information about upgrading your accommodations to stay at Yosemite Valley Lodge will be emailed to you after you sign up.
- Materials: Supplies are not included in the registration fee. Please be prepared to bring your own supplies for this workshop.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.