In this hands-on art class, you’ll combine two fun artistic techniques to celebrate late-spring scenery in Yosemite Valley. Artist Sue Fierston will kick off the class by teaching you to draw and paint Yosemite’s leaves in watercolor. After creating several leaf paintings on watercolor paper, you’ll practice printing Sierra leaves on soft paper using basic printmaking techniques. Create several designs using the colorful ink, and take home multiple frame-worthy leaf prints and paintings from your day of art in the park.
- Experience level: Little to no experience required, ages 12+. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Registration: $35 per day per visitor (includes materials and supplies). Advanced registration encouraged. Walk-up registration available as space allows.
- Location: Happy Isles Art and Nature Center (shuttle stops #16). This workshop will be partly held outside, weather permitting.
- Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 am. Please build in extra time if taking the shuttle or walking from the parking lot.
- Materials: Painting and printmaking supplies are provided for this class. Fabric painting ink will be available; participants can bring fabric items they would like to print on (e.g. white cotton bandanas, t-shirts, totes, or onesies).
- Lodging arrangements are the responsibility of participants.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep art class participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. Please review our COVID-19 procedures for details.