Join us for a one-of-a-kind guided tour of Yosemite Valley’s world-famous waterfalls. On this day hike, you’ll get to enjoy the sights and sounds of springtime in the Valley: Stand in the spray beside Vernal Fall, spot rainbows dancing in Bridalveil Fall, marvel at Yosemite’s tallest waterfall, Ribbon Fall, and catch a glimpse of hidden cascades that you might otherwise miss. As you watch snowmelt spilling down the Valley’s granite walls, your naturalist guide will share insights into what makes the park’s waterfalls so special, from cultural history to geology and biodiversity.
For a preview of Yosemite’s waterfalls, watch the “Yosemite Falls” episode of Yosemite Nature Notes, read about donor-funded restoration work at Vernal Fall and Bridalveil Fall, and check out our Yosemite Falls webcam.
Know Before You Go
- When: Sunday, May 9, 8 am to around 4 pm
- Where: Yosemite Valley
- Registration includes: Guided day hike, park entry (as needed), and three nights of tent camping at a shared group site in Yosemite Valley (May 7, 8 and 9). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Lodging: Tent camping (included), or upgrade to Yosemite Valley Lodge for an additional fee. Camping and lodging dates cannot be adjusted. The upgrade option expires 30 days before the program.
- Experience level: No experience necessary!
- This tour happens to fall on Mother’s Day (May 9) … and a spring stroll in Yosemite is a great way to celebrate your favorite mom(s)! Treat a mother in your life by bringing them on this tour – or show them your love with a Yosemite Adventure Gift Card they can redeem for a future outing.
COVID-19: We have implemented special safety measures to keep participants and instructors safe during the ongoing pandemic. For example, participants will hike single-file and keep moving to avoid crowding the trail, and instructors will stop to offer interpretation only when there is ample space to stay at least six feet apart. Please review our COVID-19 program procedures for details.