Program Overview: On this challenging day hike, you will enjoy an extraordinary and up-close view of iconic Half Dome and Clouds Rest from the summit of North Dome. If time and energy allow, visit the unique and spectacular granite Indian Arch which only requires a small detour from the trail on your way back to Tioga Road. You’ll end the trip with breathtaking photos of your favorite Yosemite icons, memories from a classic wilderness experience — and a new appreciation for the park’s dynamic natural and cultural history.
Know Before You Go:
- Program date: Saturday, June 24, 8 am – 6 pm
- Program location: Porcupine Creek Trailhead off the Tioga Road
- What’s included: A full day of guided instruction by a Yosemite Naturalist, park entry (as needed), and shared tent camping (camping dates cannot be altered). There is no discount if you choose not to use the included gate pass or campsite.
- Camping dates: Participants can arrive on June 23 after 12 pm and must depart June 25 by 11 am. There are two shared campsites among all the participants. We guarantee tent camping only. If you choose to bring a recreational vehicle, we cannot guarantee you will have a parking spot. Please be prepared to tent camp. A picnic table, bear locker and fire pit are provided at each site. Campsites fit 6 people per site.
- Campground location: Hodgdon Meadow Campground
- Lodging: No upgrades available for this program
- Experience level: Participants should have prior hiking experience, be physically fit, and be prepared for a strenuous 8-9 mile round trip day hike at high elevation
What’s not included:
- Gear or meals during your program.
- Camping gear or meals in the shared campsites.